- Tutoring System Applications
- New Century Info
New Century Education
Adult Basic Education students can often be more complex than typical K-12 students. They may be functioning at lower elementary grade levels, or not literate at all. Many will have special needs for which they were never assessed, often dyslexia. They may function at lower elementary levels, but they attended class until they dropped out in high school, and they have life skills. They know much more than an elementary student. New Century’s Intelligent Tutoring System is designed as one continuum of instruction from Kindergarten to early High School in order to help an adult student fill any skill gap, wherever it may be on that broad spectrum of grade levels, without requiring them to take lessons on skills they already know. Instruction is efficient and quick. Students average two grade levels of gains per year of use, and some move much faster.
The Intelligent Tutoring System is a highly adaptive, individualized online instructional program that closes existing learning gaps in Reading, English/Language Arts & Math and accelerates learning.
Adult students using the Intelligent Tutoring System one hour a day typically make two grade levels worth of gains per year of use, but those who use it more often make a grade level of gains in a three month period.
“Special Noah Text® Lessons for Students with Dyslexia”
✔ Developed and Implemented with Michigan State University, One of the Top Education Departments in the US.
✔ Uses Noah Text® a Phonologically Scaffolded form of Text to Help Students with Dyslexia and Struggling Readers Decode Words and Build Fluency.
The Intelligent Tutoring System is a heavily researched and highly adaptive, individualized instructional program that raises an adults average grade level proficiency in English/Language Arts & math. Students with prior frustrations in education will succeed because the individualized instruction is designed to select lessons that are “proximate” to skills a student has already mastered, thereby assuring the student is most likely to succeed with the next lesson
Benefits of New Century’s Intelligent Tutoring System and individualized method of instruction are:
· The software alerts the teacher when individualized attention and support is needed by a student and even provides a framework for the teacher to do so.
· Students learn the self-discipline needed to motivate themselves and to keep their progress on target.
Adaptive Lesson Paths: Adds remedial instruction on demand to help struggling students master subjects.
· Correlates to Common Core State Standards
· Accelerates quick learners through the lesson path
· Embeds tests regularly to assure mastery of content
Individualized Lessons that Teach New Skills Like a Tutor
· Adds instruction and examples within lessons for students who need them
· Rapidly advances students who grasp concepts quickly to the end of the lesson
Special Noah Text® Lessons to Help Those with Dyslexia and Other Struggling Readers.
· Noah Text is a phonologically scaffolded text that helps students decode more complex words, so they spend less cognitive effort on decoding and are more able to understand and appreciate what they are reading. Students often read their first chapter books in Noah Text and some will bridge themselves to reading plain text. For more on Noah Text®, click here.
Other Advantages of the Intelligent Tutoring System
· 3 hours of training and your teachers can implement the software.
· Age-neutral content for older students struggling with lower elementary-level skills
· Incentive system to recognize and award students for progress milestones
· The software can load on a local area network and work with no internet connection
· Hosting is available for free for access at school and at home
How To Get Started
The best way to get a full understanding of how the Intelligent Tutoring System is designed differently to serve this population, and the results that we achieve, is to set up a private demonstration. You can ask your questions while getting further information on how we individualize and adapt instruction and support teachers with student/class/group information, with alerts, and with different options to intervene. When you complete the form, we will contact you by email regarding a convenient date and time for the demo.